UPDATE, 9/2/20: Fire operations are under Tonto National Forest control.
UPDATE, 8/27/20: 20,838 acres, 71% contained.
UPDATE 2, 8/24/20: Gila Co. Gov. Officials announced, “The following areas are now in “SET” mode:
Rockhouse area, Cherry Creek Road, and Ellison Ranch. This includes Rockhouse area on HWY 288, Forest Service Road 203, Cherry Creek Road extending all the way to Ellison Ranch.”
UPDATE, 8/24/20: 20,809 acres, 57% contained. Gila Co. Gov. Officials report, “Areas on both sides of State Route 188 from Bixby Road to 188 / 288 Junction. Including all of Wheatfields and all areas of Hicks Road. Areas between H&E Ranch and Pringle Pump, Roosevelt Estates, Roosevelt Resort, Rockhouse, Springcreek, Hay Hook, and Quail Run may return to “READY” mode.”
UPDATE, 8/22/20: Gila Co. Gov. Officials have announced, “Areas on both sides of State Route 188 from Bixby Road to the 188 / 288 Junction, including all of Wheatfields may return home. Residents of this area should remain in “SET” mode.”
UPDATE 2, 8/21/20: From ADOT: ” State Route 188 is now closed between mileposts 216 and 232 due to the Salt Fire. State Route 288 remains closed between mileposts 258 and 262.”
UPDATE, 8/21/20: Today, Officials enacted a “Go” Evacuation Mode for:
– All residents on Hicks Road between H&E Ranch and Pringle Pump.
– Areas on both sides of State Route 188 from Bixby Road to the 188 / 288 Junction. Including ALL of Wheatfields.
UPDATE, 8/20/20: Per Gila Co. Gov. Officials, “”GO” Mode issued for the following areas:
All residents on Hicks Road between H&E Ranch and Pringle Pump.”
UPDATE, 8/19/20: Gila Co. Gov. Officials have announced, “The Gila County Sheriff’s Office and Gila County Emergency Management have placed the following areas on the “SET” mode — which is stage 2 of the Ready, Set, Go evacuation protocol.
Although these communities are not immediately threatened, the SET notification is a preparatory measure
– this includes areas on both sides of State Route 188 From Bixby Road to the 188 / 288 Junction. Including all of Wheatfields
– Areas between H&E Ranch and Pringle Pump, Roosevelt Estates, Roosevelt Resort, Rockhouse, Spring Creek, Hay Hook, and Quail Runalso remain in “SET” mode,
* Be Alert Know there is significant danger in your area
• Residents should consider voluntarily relocating with family/friends outside the affected area. Residents should avoid close contact with those who are sick and should practice public health recommendations when relocating
• Grab your emergency go kit
• Keep in mind unique needs for your family or special equipment for pets and livestock.
• Stay aware of the latest news and information from public safety and public health officials
• This might be the only notice you receive. Emergency services cannot guarantee they will be able to notify everyone if conditions rapidly deteriorate. Be SET to GO.”
UPDATE, 8/19/20: 2,762 acres, 0% contained. Per Tonto National Forest Officials: “As a result of the Salt Fire, the Gila County Sheriff’s Office and Gila County Emergency Management have recommended that the following areas be placed on “SET” mode on the Ready Set, Go! model
– Areas between H&E Ranch and Pringle Pump
– Roosevelt Estates
– Roosevelt Resort
– Spring Creek
– Hay Hook
– Quail Run
ALTHOUGH THESE COMMUNITIES ARE NOT IMMEDIATELY THREATENED, THE ‘SET’ NOTIFICATION IS A PREPARATORY MEASURE.”
Tonto National Forest Officials state, regarding today’s fire, “The Salt Fire is a lightning-caused wildfire that is burning on the north side of Hwy 188, 2 miles east of the 188/288 junction. The Salt Fire is currently 2000 acres, 0% contained and is burning in grass and brush.”